We’re surrounded by ‘norms’ in life — things that we believe to be true, things that guide our own actions.
And when it comes to the impact we can make, this quote from the owner of a tiny Accounting firm (Adam) says it very, very well:
[blockquote author=”” link=”” target=”_blank”]‘No different to many business owners I know, I was under the mistaken belief that the gift of giving was reserved for large companies with deep pockets.’[/blockquote]
And little wonder — the stories you hear tend to be about ABC Company giving tens, if not, hundreds of thousands of dollars to some big charity. Frequently, there’s the accompanying shot of the CEO with the overly large cheque.
These ‘norms’ guide our actions and beliefs.
So pause for a moment and ponder … what if it wasn’t about the money we gave but instead was about the impact we’re creating.
And as you ponder that, let’s continue with Adam’s story.
In March 2014, 48-year-old Adam saw something that as he put it: ‘was something I’d been looking for all of my life.’
And less than 2 years later, Adam and his tiny team have created over 250,000 impacts.
- They’ve given 177 nourishing meals to people in need
- 40 disadvantaged people received Life-Education programs
- 2,100 learning tools were given to children who need them the most
- 1,515 days of education support were given to disadvantaged children
- They gave 4,940 days worth of training and support to farmers around the world
- 47,400 days worth of nourishing grains were given to people in need
- 135 social workers wages were paid so that they can continue to do real good
- 1,000 trees were maintained and protected
- 96,525 days of access to life-saving water was provided to people around the world
- 10 animals received protection from illegal poaching
- 200 days of access to lighting were given to families around the world
- 8 days of shelter were provided to rescued animals
And there’s much, much more adding up to in excess of 250,000 impacts. And all in less than 2 years.
Adam and his tiny team have a goal to make that total impact 300,000 by 31st March 2016.
Actually, it’s a little different …. Adam thinks of everything not in terms even of the impact he’s creating; he thinks of it as ‘smiles’.
And he expresses his 31 March goal like this: “I imagine when this amazing day comes to pass, just like today that extra smile will see us reach 300,001. That extra one is mine.”
Every day, Adam and his team are wearing perfect smiles. Every day they’re making an impact, not just on their clients but on our world. That’s precisely what The Perfect Firm does.
The Perfect Firm seminar
The Perfect Firm is very impact-centric. The Perfect Firm has a strong sense of giving back and does business for good. You too can create an impact. But before you do, you have to make sure that your business is performing up to its full potential. We can help you do this by helping you create a customized business performance plan. This is the first step to reshaping your Accounting business into ‘The Perfect Firm’ for you. TAKE THE FIRST STEP HERE.